Understanding Nutrition and Health Level is a nationally accredited qualification that gives learners working, or intending to work, in settings such as sport and recreation, exercise and fitness, hospitality and catering or healthcare, an understanding of nutrition and health to support their role in the workplace.
- Gain relevant skills, knowledge and understanding of key subject areas
- Increase understanding of food safety for the home
- Understand the principles of healthy food preparation
- Understand the connections between food and feelings
The number of obese people in the UK has more than trebled in the last 30 years, reaching what many doctors believe to be ‘epidemic’ proportions. Insufficient nutrition can lead to a variety of health-threatening conditions; understanding the benefits of a balanced diet and the role of nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease is fundamental.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
- Increase your understanding of food safety for the home environment
What You Will Learn
- Unit 1 – Explore Principles of Healthy Eating
- Unit 2 – Consider Nutritional Needs of a Variety of Individuals
- Unit 3 – Use Food and Nutrition Information to Plan a Healthy Diet
- Unit 4 – The Principles of Weight Management
- Unit 5 – Understanding Eating Disorders
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over (born before 1 September 1998)
- A minimum number of 8 learners MUST be present for the induction (there is no maximum)
- All learners must have been residing in the UK for the past three years and non EU/UK citizens must have documentary proof.
If you require any further information or would like to book a course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our office on 01429 874530