Retail Operations is a nationally accredited certificate that provides an introduction to the retail industry and is suitable for those new to or seeking employment in this area. It helps learners to develop an understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector.
- Develop understanding of the different aspects of the retail industry
- Learn about customer payments and the selling process
- Understand how to provide good customer service
- Learn how to deal with queries and complaints
- Gain an understanding of basic retail law and the importance of correct stock control
The retail industry is subject to a number of pressures. These include changes in shopping habits and the recent economic downturn which reduced consumer spending. However, as consumer confidence begins to grow, it is important retail support staff are fully trained and equipped to represent your business and to meet the need of your customers. Aware that removing staff from the ‘shop floor’ applies pressure to rota’s, this training can be carried out in the learner’s own time via our tried and tested flexible learning approach.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Improve your handling of customer payments
- Improve how you deal with customer queries and complaints
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
What You Will Learn
- Unit 1 – Understanding Customer Service in the Retail Sector
- Unit 2 – Understanding the Retail Selling Process
- Unit 3 – Understanding How Individuals and Teams Contribute to the Effectiveness of a Retail Business
- Unit 4 – Understanding How a Retail Business Maintains Health and Safety on its Premises
- Unit 5 – Understanding Retail Consumer Law
- Unit 6 – Understand How to Deal with Customer Queries and Complaints in a Retail Environment
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over (born before 1 September 1998)
- A minimum number of 8 learners MUST be present for the induction (there is no maximum)
- All learners must have been residing in the UK for the past three years and non EU/UK citizens must have documentary proof.
If you require any further information or would like to book a course please contact email@example.com or telephone our office on 01429 874530