- This event has passed.
Paediatric First Aid – Limited Spaces Available
September 12, 2017 @ 9:30 am - September 13, 2017 @ 4:30 pm
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
This qualification is designed for workers caring for children in the absence of their parents. This qualification meets Ofsted requirements for those working in early years settings and uses the criteria for effective paediatric first aid training found in Appendix 1 of The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Practice Guidance document. Current EYFS statutory framework requires at least one person who has a current paediatric first aid certificate to be on the premises or outings at all times, when children are present.
- Planning for and dealing with first aid emergencies involving babies and children,
- Anaphylactic shock,
- Electric shock,
- Burns and scalds,
- Suspected fractures,
- Head, neck and back injuries,
- Foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses,
- Eye injuries,
- Bites and stings,
- Effects of extreme heat and cold,
- Febrile convulsions,
- Chronic medical conditions, including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia and diabetes, meningitis and other serious sudden illness.
This qualification is designed to provide essential paediatric life saving skills and paediatric incident management. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical and the course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
Qualification training requires;
- Minimum tutor contact time of 12 hours (excluding breaks)
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio
- Course must be completed within 6 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF) with a valid (licence to practice) lifetime of 3 years from date of completion
The qualification is re-validated by attending another training course after 3 years.
If you require any further information or would like to book a course please contact email@example.com or telephone our office on 01429 874530