Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes from Learning Curve Group:
Care and Management of Diabetes is a nationally accredited qualification which provides an understanding of the different types of diabetes and how they can occur. It covers how the onset of Type 2 diabetes can be delayed with lifestyle changes and aims to develop an understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care. The qualification also covers the importance of ongoing care and the correct treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels.
- Develop an understanding of diabetes diagnosis and initial care
- Understand the importance of ongoing care
- Learn the correct treatment of diabetes to control blood sugar levels
There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don’t know it. It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can be effective in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating and often deadly disease.
The process to to be enrolled onto a course is very simple; we would send out form that would require you to fill in the names, dates of births and NI numbers of all the learners as well as an address for the induction to take place.
We would then arrange for an inductor to visit you and carry out a 1.5 hour enrolment where the process and workbooks would be explained to all the learners at the same time.
The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- All learners must be aged 19+ as of 31st August 2016,
- A minimum number of 8 learners MUST be present for the induction (there is no maximum)
- All learners must have been residing in the UK for the past three years and non EU/UK citizens must have documentary proof.
Once the learner has completed one subject they are entitled to enrol onto another, however a full induction must be carried out again.
We cover all UK areas and we aim to get an inductor out to you.